to and cc send message to specified address and all address in the email

to and cc send message to specified address and all address in the email

Marc Guyard
Hi,

I've working since many days on MailDrop and i have a problem with the to and cc.
In my configuration, i've this :

if ($SUBJECT =~ /.*\[Ticket#[0-9]+\].*$/ && ! /^X-Loop: [hidden email]$/:h)
{
        log "* Match OTRS Subject"
        log "* Add AntiLoop Header ==> X-Loop"
        xfilter "reformail -A 'X-Loop: [hidden email]'"
        log "* Send email to OTRS mailbox"
        to "![hidden email] [hidden email]"
}

In my case, mails who match this rule are send to [hidden email] and [hidden email] but also to all address in to and cc of the original email.

How can i specify to foward the email only to addresses specified and not to this and original to/cc ?

Thanks by advance for your help

Marc GUYARD

Re: to and cc send message to specified address and all address in the email

Sam Varshavchik
Marc Guyard writes:

> « HTML content follows »
>
> Hi,
>

> I've working since many days on MailDrop and i have a problem with the to and
> cc.
> In my configuration, i've this :
>

> if ($SUBJECT =~ /.*\[Ticket#[0-9]+\].*$/ && ! /^X-Loop:
> <URL:mailto:[hidden email]>[hidden email]$/:h)
> {
>         log "* Match OTRS Subject"
>         log "* Add AntiLoop Header ==> X-Loop"
>         xfilter "reformail -A 'X-Loop:
> <URL:mailto:[hidden email]>[hidden email]'"
>         log "* Send email to OTRS mailbox"
>         to "![hidden email] [hidden email]"
> }
>

> In my case, mails who match this rule are send to [hidden email] and otrs-
> [hidden email] but also to all address in to and cc of the original
> email.
>

> How can i specify to foward the email only to addresses specified and not to
> this and original to/cc ?
That's determined by your mail server.

maildrop invokes $SENDMAIL and passes it the given arguments, the two email
addresses.

You are saying that the mail server then takes them, and also takes the
addresses from the message's headers, and sends the mail to the combined
list.

That's very unusual. You did not specify what mail server what you're using,
but it's strange for the mail server's sendmail to behave like that. I've
never heard of any mainstream mail server to behave this way.

Check the documentation for your mail server, for more clues.