disposable addresses

Szépe Viktor

Hello!

I've found a list of domains with the MX record mail.mailinator.com.
(23.239.11.30)

Is there a way to throw away all emails going to mail.mailinator.com. ?

Thank you.

SZÉPE Viktor
https://github.com/szepeviktor/debian-server-tools/blob/master/CV.md
--
+36-20-4242498  [hidden email]  skype: szepe.viktor
Budapest, III. kerület

Re: disposable addresses

Sam Varshavchik
SZÉPE Viktor writes:

> Hello!
>
> I've found a list of domains with the MX record mail.mailinator.com.
> (23.239.11.30)
>
> Is there a way to throw away all emails going to mail.mailinator.com. ?
>
> Thank you.

The "bofh badmx" setting in the courier config file. See the courier(8) man
page.

Re: disposable addresses

Szépe Viktor
Idézem/Quoting Sam Varshavchik <[hidden email]>:

> SZÉPE Viktor writes:
>

>> Hello!
>>
>> I've found a list of domains with the MX record mail.mailinator.com.
>> (23.239.11.30)
>>
>> Is there a way to throw away all emails going to mail.mailinator.com. ?
>>
>> Thank you.
>
> The "bofh badmx" setting in the courier config file. See the
> courier(8) man page.

Thank you.

My question is about *outgoing* emails.

I think badmx is for mail reception.

SZÉPE Viktor
https://github.com/szepeviktor/debian-server-tools/blob/master/CV.md
--
+36-20-4242498  [hidden email]  skype: szepe.viktor
Budapest, III. kerület

Re: disposable addresses

Szépe Viktor
Idézem/Quoting Sam Varshavchik <[hidden email]>:

> SZÉPE Viktor writes:
>

>> Hello!
>>
>> I've found a list of domains with the MX record mail.mailinator.com.
>> (23.239.11.30)
>>
>> Is there a way to throw away all emails going to mail.mailinator.com. ?
>>
>> Thank you.
>
> The "bofh badmx" setting in the courier config file. See the
> courier(8) man page.

I've sent an email from Horde webmail running on my mailserver and the
message got delivered while having: badmx 62.149.128.135 in bofh
I think localhost is whitelisted from bofh rules.

Mar 10 20:36:43 szerver courieresmtp:
id=002401F9.58C3004A.00006D41,from=<[hidden email]>,addr=<[hidden email]>,size=2449,success: delivered: mailfree.aruba.it
[62.149.128.135]

Is there a solution to avoid delivery of locally originated emails?
(bulk mail for example)

SZÉPE Viktor writes:

> Idézem/Quoting Sam Varshavchik <[hidden email]>:
>
> > SZÉPE Viktor writes:
> >

> >> Hello!
> >>
> >> I've found a list of domains with the MX record mail.mailinator.com.
> >> (23.239.11.30)
> >>
> >> Is there a way to throw away all emails going to mail.mailinator.com. ?
> >>
> >> Thank you.
> >
> > The "bofh badmx" setting in the courier config file. See the
> > courier(8) man page.
>
> Thank you.
>
> My question is about *outgoing* emails.
>
> I think badmx is for mail reception.
Yes, that's for incoming mail.

There's nothing specific for blocking mail to a particular MX. If you don't
want to send mail to a particular domain, well, don't send it.

There are just several hackish way to bounce mail to a particular server. If
you run your own DNS server you can simply inject a manual DNS entry for
them, pointing to 127.0.0.1. Or, you can add that hostname to the locals
file, making Courier think it's the name of the local machine, so it'll
attempt to find a local mailbox of that name. Dependending on whether your
mailbox happens to match the name of the recipient's mailbox, that can
either be good, or bad…