courierauthconfig location

Mike Baker

I am trying to install Courier-Imap with the --with-redhat tag. The install clips along fine until this:

checking for courierauthconfig... no
configure: WARNING: === Courier authentication library not found.
configure: WARNING: === You need to download and install
configure: WARNING: === http://www.courier-mta.org/download.php#authlib first.
configure: WARNING: === If courier-authlib is installed in a non-default
configure: WARNING: === directory, set the COURIERAUTHCONFIG environment
configure: WARNING: === variable to the full path to the courierauthconfig
configure: WARNING: === binary and rerun this configure script.
configure: WARNING:
configure: error: courierauthconfig not found

What's weird is I already installed Courier Authentication. In fact, when I su as root, I can run courier-auth start and it starts okay.

I suspect that something is in a non-default location. None of the procedures I'm working from reference 'courierauthconfig'. Where do I find this? Is it a file or maybe a directory name?

Mike Baker

MIS

Bill's Blueprint, Inc.

425-259-0859

www.billsblue.com

Re: courierauthconfig location

Sam Varshavchik
Mike Baker writes:

> « HTML content follows »
>
> I am trying to install Courier-Imap with the --with-redhat tag. The
> install clips along fine until this:
>
> checking for courierauthconfig... no
> configure: WARNING: === Courier authentication library not found.
> configure: WARNING: === You need to download and install
> configure: WARNING: ===
> <URL:http://www.courier-mta.org/download.php#authlib>http://www.courier-mta
> .org/download.php#authlib first.
> configure: WARNING: === If courier-authlib is installed in a non-default
> configure: WARNING: === directory, set the COURIERAUTHCONFIG environment
> configure: WARNING: === variable to the full path to the courierauthconfig
> configure: WARNING: === binary and rerun this configure script.
> configure: WARNING:
> configure: error: courierauthconfig not found
>
> What's weird is I already installed Courier Authentication. In fact, when
> I su as root, I can run courier-auth start and it starts okay.
Where did you install it?

If you built RPMs, did you install the courier-authlib-devel RPM?

Re: courierauthconfig location

Brian Candler
On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 08:21:39AM -0700, Mike Baker wrote:

>    I am trying to install Courier-Imap with the --with-redhat tag. The
>    install clips along fine until this:
>    checking for courierauthconfig... no
>    configure: WARNING: === Courier authentication library not found.
>    configure: WARNING: === You need to download and install
>    configure: WARNING: ===
>    [1]http://www.courier-mta.org/download.php#authlib first.
>    configure: WARNING: === If courier-authlib is installed in a
>    non-default
>    configure: WARNING: === directory, set the COURIERAUTHCONFIG
>    environment
>    configure: WARNING: === variable to the full path to the
>    courierauthconfig
>    configure: WARNING: === binary and rerun this configure script.
>    configure: WARNING:
>    configure: error: courierauthconfig not found
>    What's weird is I already installed Courier Authentication. In fact,
>    when I su as root, I can run courier-auth start and it starts okay.
>    I suspect that something is in a non-default location. None of the
>    procedures I'm working from reference 'courierauthconfig'. Where do I
>    find this? Is it a file or maybe a directory name?

There's no script "courier-auth start" in a default installation. What O/S
and packaging system are you using? What version of courier-authlib did you
install?

Note that you can't run a modern courier-imap (4.x) using the authdaemon
which comes in a older version of courier-imap (3.x). You really must
install courier-authlib as a separate package.

If you are building directly from source, and you have a recent
courier-authlib (0.57 preferably), then the following should help.

If you start authdaemond using

# /foo/sbin/authdaemond start

then courierauthconfig is most likely in

# /foo/bin/courierauthconfig

Otherwise look for it using:

# which courierauthconfig
# locate courierauthconfig
# find / -type f -name courierauthconfig

Once you know what directory it's in, make sure that directory is in the
$PATH before running ./configure in the courier-imap source directory. In
the above example:

$ PATH=/foo/bin:$PATH
$ export PATH
$ ./configure ...