Quantcast

Two questions - filter problems

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Two questions - filter problems

Philip Rhoades
People,

I have this is my .mailfilter file:

# .maidsafe   {{{1
if ( /^From:.*maidsafe/ || /^From:.*slack.com/ || /^From:.*safenetwork/
|| /^From:.*safex*/ )
{
     exception {
         to $DEFAULT/.0_safe/
     }
}

but this spam was delivered to the 0_safe folder - from my
.getmail/.maildrop.log file:

File: /home/phil/Maildir/.0_safe/

Date: Tue Apr 18 06:08:04 2017
 From: "SafeStreets" <[hidden email]>
Subj: Sleep well this Holliday Season with ADT Get a complete system for
Free
File: /home/phil/Maildir/.0_safe/                                      
(4884)

Markers:   ---------------------------------------------
  (**) from config file, (II) informational, (WW) warning
--------------------------------------------------------

Why is that mail getting put into that folder? - it doesn't match the
filtering as far as I can see . .

Also, is there a way to check for a missing header "To:" line so those
mails can be filtered to a spam folder?

Thanks!

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

PO Box 896
Cowra  NSW  2794
Australia
E-mail:  [hidden email]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Courier-maildrop mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/courier-maildrop
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Two questions - filter problems

Marvin Renich-2
* Philip Rhoades <[hidden email]> [170423 09:56]:
> People,
>
> I have this is my .mailfilter file:
>
> # .maidsafe   {{{1
> if ( /^From:.*maidsafe/ || /^From:.*slack.com/ || /^From:.*safenetwork/
> || /^From:.*safex*/ )
                   ^
This is your problem.  It is matching "From:", followed by any number of
characters, followed by "safe", followed by zero or more occurrences of
"x" (x*).

> {
>      exception {
>          to $DEFAULT/.0_safe/
>      }
> }
>
> but this spam was delivered to the 0_safe folder - from my
> .getmail/.maildrop.log file:
>
> File: /home/phil/Maildir/.0_safe/
>
> Date: Tue Apr 18 06:08:04 2017
>  From: "SafeStreets" <[hidden email]>
> Subj: Sleep well this Holliday Season with ADT Get a complete system for
> Free
> File: /home/phil/Maildir/.0_safe/                                      
> (4884)

...Marvin


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Courier-maildrop mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/courier-maildrop
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Two questions - filter problems

Philip Rhoades
Marvin,


On 2017-04-24 03:28, Marvin Renich wrote:

> * Philip Rhoades <[hidden email]> [170423 09:56]:
>> People,
>>
>> I have this is my .mailfilter file:
>>
>> # .maidsafe   {{{1
>> if ( /^From:.*maidsafe/ || /^From:.*slack.com/ ||
>> /^From:.*safenetwork/
>> || /^From:.*safex*/ )
>                    ^
> This is your problem.  It is matching "From:", followed by any number
> of
> characters, followed by "safe", followed by zero or more occurrences of
> "x" (x*).


Ah . . of course, ZERO or more . .

Many thanks.

BTW, for my other question I put in:

# .z_spam   {{{1
if ( !/^To:/ )
{
     exception {
         to $DEFAULT/.z_spam/
     }
}

I hope that works!

Regards,

Phil.


>> {
>>      exception {
>>          to $DEFAULT/.0_safe/
>>      }
>> }
>>
>> but this spam was delivered to the 0_safe folder - from my
>> .getmail/.maildrop.log file:
>>
>> File: /home/phil/Maildir/.0_safe/
>>
>> Date: Tue Apr 18 06:08:04 2017
>>  From: "SafeStreets" <[hidden email]>
>> Subj: Sleep well this Holliday Season with ADT Get a complete system
>> for
>> Free
>> File: /home/phil/Maildir/.0_safe/
>> (4884)
>
> ...Marvin
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> _______________________________________________
> Courier-maildrop mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/courier-maildrop

--
Philip Rhoades

PO Box 896
Cowra  NSW  2794
Australia
E-mail:  [hidden email]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Courier-maildrop mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/courier-maildrop
Loading...