Master user account

Bruno Miguel Martins
Hello everyone,

I want to know if it's possible to use a master user/password to access all e-mail accounts in Courier, using IMAP protocol. My goal is to use imapsync in order to sync all accounts to another server, but I don't want to reset every user's password.

I've checked and there are some old threads on this subject but I was unable to get any conclusions.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

BRUNO MIGUEL MARTINS | System Engineer
+351 92 684 58 66
www.iten.pt

Re: Master user account

Sam Varshavchik
Bruno Miguel Martins writes:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I want to know if it's possible to use a master user/password to access all
> e-mail accounts in Courier, using IMAP protocol. My goal is to use imapsync
> in order to sync all accounts to another server, but I don't want to reset
> every user's password.
>
> I've checked and there are some old threads on this subject but I was unable
> to get any conclusions.

There's nothing like that in Courier.

There might be some workarounds, in some specific situations. When using
virtual shared folders it might be possible to set up an account with ACLs
on all mailboxes. Or, when using some of the database-based authentication
methods it might be possible to configure the SQL that looks up and
authenticates userids and passwords to also accept an alternative, or a
secondary login id and password for each account.