Feature Request for WEBMLM

Michelle Konzack
Hello and good morning/day/afternoon/evening or whatever,

I run now 14 (sub)domains as listservers and what me bother is,  that  I
must name the RC files

/etc/courier/webmlm/webmlmrc
                    webmlm2rc
                    webmlm3rc

and I have always to look into the files to know, which domain it is.
Something like

/etc/courier/webmlm/lists.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net
                    lists.electronica.tamay-dogan.net
                    lists.miila-mahe-aed.eu
                    lists.example.com

does not work.  Hence my  feature  request  is  to  have  by  default  a
/etc/courier/webmlm/ directory where the names  can  be  whatever,  mean
describtiv.

Thanks in avance

--
Michelle Konzack        ITSystems
GNU/Linux Developer     0033-6-61925193

Re: Feature Request for WEBMLM

Sam Varshavchik
Michelle Konzack writes:

> Hello and good morning/day/afternoon/evening or whatever,
>
> I run now 14 (sub)domains as listservers and what me bother is,  that  I
> must name the RC files
>
> /etc/courier/webmlm/webmlmrc
>                     webmlm2rc
>                     webmlm3rc
>
> and I have always to look into the files to know, which domain it is.
> Something like
>
> /etc/courier/webmlm/lists.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net
>                     lists.electronica.tamay-dogan.net
>                     lists.miila-mahe-aed.eu
>                     lists.example.com
>
> does not work.  Hence my  feature  request  is  to  have  by  default  a
> /etc/courier/webmlm/ directory where the names  can  be  whatever,  mean
> describtiv.
That is really not that much different from what webmlm is already doing.
webmlm forms the name of the config file it uses from its own name, with
"rc" appended.

Instead of creating "webmlm", "webmlm2", and so on, links in your cgi-bin
directory, name those links whatever you want, and use the same names, with
the "rc" suffix, for your configuration files (and start webmlmd
accordingly). So what you're asking, essentially, is an option not to append
the "rc" suffix.