Alias stop working from one day to another...

Alias stop working from one day to another...

Michelle Konzack
Helloo *,

I do not understand WHY it does not more work, because before it WAS
working.

I have for my "ITSystems" account an alias file of

[hidden email]: catchall-tdnet.itsystems-abuse
[hidden email]: catchall-tdnet.itsystems-support
[hidden email]: catchall-tdnet.itsystems-dhl-services

where the first two are still working (since many years).

The third alias has compleately unexpected stoped working since  January
2017 after my Server was rebooted.

I run a check and dump with makealiases but there is no error at all.
Also a "courier show all" does not give any output

<19>1 2017-04-13T12:38:19.743227+02:00 mail courieresmtpd  - -  error,relay=2a00:1450:4010:c07::230,from=<[hidden email]>,to=<[hidden email]>: 550 User <dhl-services> unknown

Any hints?

--
Michelle Konzack        Miila ITSystems @ TDnet
GNU/Linux Developer     00372-54541400

Re: Alias stop working from one day to another...

Sam Varshavchik
Michelle Konzack writes:

> Helloo *,
>
> I do not understand WHY it does not more work, because before it WAS
> working.
>
> I have for my "ITSystems" account an alias file of
>
> [hidden email]: catchall-tdnet.itsystems-abuse
> [hidden email]: catchall-tdnet.itsystems-support
> [hidden email]: catchall-tdnet.itsystems-dhl-services
>
> where the first two are still working (since many years).
>
> The third alias has compleately unexpected stoped working since  January
> 2017 after my Server was rebooted.
>
> I run a check and dump with makealiases but there is no error at all.
> Also a "courier show all" does not give any output
>
> <19>1 2017-04-13T12:38:19.743227+02:00 mail courieresmtpd  - -
> error,relay=2a00:1450:4010:c07::230,from=<[hidden email]>,to=edhl-
> [hidden email]>: 550 User <dhl-services> unknown
>
> Any hints?
What happens when you send mail directly to <catchall-tdnet.itsystems-dhl-
services@<your local domain>>.

Re: Alias stop working from one day to another...

Michelle Konzack
Good morning Sam,

On 2017-04-13 20:43:45 Sam Varshavchik hacked into the keyboard:
> What happens when you send mail directly to
> <catchall-tdnet.itsystems-dhl-services@<your local domain>>.

I loged into <mail.tamay-dogan.net> as <michelle.konzack>  and  send  to
test messages with the local part to <localhost> and the mailserver  and
both came in without any problems.

Now I am back in GMail and now it start working again.

I do not understand this problem.

The courier aliases config is untouched since beginning of January  2017
and it was working until 2017-01-28 for this particular address.   I  do
not find any notices in the logs what can happen the "address not found"

Can it be, that sometimes courier get a hickup and lost infos  from  the
alias table?

Thanks and nice Weekend

Michelle Konzack writes:

> I do not understand this problem.
>
> The courier aliases config is untouched since beginning of January  2017
> and it was working until 2017-01-28 for this particular address.   I  do
> not find any notices in the logs what can happen the "address not found"
>
> Can it be, that sometimes courier get a hickup and lost infos  from  the
> alias table?

Changes to the alias file do not require a server restart. Courier checks
the timestamp on the compiles the alias file, and rereads it when it
changes. The only thing I can think of would be a situation involving
network-mounted file storage, and a temporary, transient problem.